NSFAS stands for National Student Financial Aid Scheme (Act Number 56 of 1999) which aims to assist different students in providing financial aid in the form of loans and bursaries. This organization is reliant on the government which provides funds and then delivers these contributions to different students. The students can reimburse these endowments for their tertiary studies.
The association is contingent on the South African government that intends to support free education for the working class and underprivileged students. So, here you will find a detailed explanation of all required facets of NSFAS and how distinct students can apply for this scholarship. You will also know the detailed explanation of this scholarship.
Is this assistance being a NSFAS bursary or loan?
Until 2018, NSFAS give a large proportion of the money to students as a loan that the students have to remunerate when they finished their educations and commenced their jobs in any government or private sector. But now appreciation to the South African government has committed unrestricted education to all new and returning students who are appealing for the NSFAS program.
These students get an opportunity to avail themselves of a full bursary for completing their education. This indicates that if you are obtaining a scholarship after 2018 then you will get complimentary education during the whole duration of your studies.
Some Other Bursaries
There are also some other stipends accessible for particular requirements that are also sponsored by NSFAS. Some of them are integrated into the given list.
- The Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) bursary, a major intention is to deliver dissimilar opportunities to students in the territory of professional or vocational jobs at the college level.
- The Funzza Lushaka Bursary Program to aspiring teaching profession whose major objective is to designate those persons on instruction posts after their studies.
- Bursaries for those students who desired to study in the domain of scarce and critical skills of Social Work.
- The Disability Bursary program for those students who have any disabilities.
The applications for these programs can be presented through the traditional NSFAS application. As these are not loans and are bursaries. So, the students who will acquire these opportunities will not have to refund this money.
Who are eligible for this program?
There are rigorous obligations for these bursaries schemas so don’t be frustrated with these constraints. The South African government has made it straightforward for entities to get free education that does not have elevated domestic income. So, to verify entitlement, check the subsequent obligations.
- Applicant must be a resident of South African.
- Applicant domestic combined income must be less than 350000 per year.
- Applicant must have applied for the course at the college or university level and meet all the entrance constraints.
Documents Required to Apply
To apply for this program, the following is the list of required documents.
- South African ID card or birth certificate
- ID cards of parents or guardians or any other person with whom you are living
- Parents’ letters of employment should not be older than 3 months.
- Fully completed compliance form
- If you have any disability, then fix the disability certificate.
Note: Please note that all involved documents should be accredited, and this can be done at the nearest police station. Also, bring original documents with the application copies.
How to Apply?
To apply for this program, there are two modes accessible. One is to apply online, and the other is to apply through the nearest National Youth Development Agency office.
- Go to the official website of NSFAS.
- Register through email and cell phone numbers on the website.
- Click on the Apply button and start filling the online application. But make sure before applying that you have all certified scanned documents.
Apply at NYDA office
- Print the paper application from the NYDA office.
- Use black inks to fill the application form and fill it with capital letters.
- Pinup all the certified documents of your application.
- After that hand on your completed application to the assistant who will also give acknowledgment of the receipt card which also consists of a barcode that matches on the back of your application form.
For the most recent updates, application dates and deadlines continue to check the NSFAS website. The chances of your free education are only one application away.